15 graduating seniors at 4 area high schools received a total of $20,000.
Click here to view photos of the Scholarship Recipients
Marinette, Wisconsin (May 20, 2021) — Tyco Fire Protection Products LP announced today that the company awarded $20,000 in scholarships to 15 graduating seniors at four area high schools – Marinette High School, Peshtigo High School, St. Thomas Aquinas Academy and Menominee High School.
“Tyco takes great pride in supporting the communities where our employees work and raise their families. We employ alumni from all these schools and some of them were able to present the scholarships at graduation,” said Katie McGinty, Chief Sustainability Officer. “As a leading company in fire protection and suppression, we invested in graduates pursuing college or technical degrees within the science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) disciplines who will be the future innovators in industries like ours.”
“We are extremely grateful for the financial support provided by Tyco, whose generous contributions will lessen the burden of postsecondary education for our 2021 graduates,” said Justine Braatz, principal of Marinette High School.
Congratulations to the winners of the Tyco STEM Scholarships (photos attached):
Marinette High School
- Sherrie Wu will be attending UW- Madison studying Pre-Med.
- Anika Brown will be attending UW-Eau Claire studying Environmental Geography.
- Isabelle Spencer will be attending NWTC Green Bay studying EMT.
- Gracie Hansen will be attending UW-Milwaukee studying Nursing.
- Hanna Ebsch will be attending UW-Green Bay studying Forensic Science.
- Isabella Soderberg will be attending St. Norbert College studying Pre-Pharmacy.
Peshtigo High School
- Adam Bauman, of Marinette, will be attending Marquette University studying Biomedical Sciences.
- Maija Carriveau, of Marinette, will be attending Minnesota State University-Mankato studying Biochemistry.
- Alexis Kehoe, of Peshtigo, will be attending UW-Stevens Point studying Health Science.
- Cody Salzman, of Marinette, will be attending UW-Green Bay studying Mechanical Engineering.
- Grace Wickman, of Wausaukee, will be attending UW-Whitewater studying Business/Psychology.
- Jordan Carvenough, of Amberg, will be attending UW-LaCrosse studying Computer Science/Engineering.
Menominee High School
- Adam Sandahl, of Menominee, will be attending Michigan Technical University studying Computer Engineering
- Nicholas Sandahl, of Menominee, will be attending Michigan Technical University studying Computer Engineering
St. Thomas Aquinas Academy
Alex Powers, of Marinette, will be attending UW-Marinette and studying Mechanical Engineering.